Sunday, August 12, 2012

#98 Elizabeth- One Hundred Alla Prima Portraits of American Teenagers

                                                                        Elizabeth

"If you have the chance to do some good, take it.  Some of the things that are important to me are God and my family.”

I am getting close to the end of posting this series.  I have completed all of the paintings, and now  am posting some of the paintings done earlier that I did not get to posting before.  I can see how my technique has evolved through the series, and how I have become stronger and more confident in my work.  Elizabeth and her sister Rachel (previous post) were painted in December, 2011. They were really polite and lovely girls, both home schooled. I could see that they were very close, and wondered if this is something that is characteristic of most siblings who are home schooled. 

Upcoming exhibit- The series of 110 paintings, Portraits of Promise, accompanied by insightful quotes from the teenage models, will be exhibited as part of a group show at Gloucester County College in Sewell, NJ,  20 minutes from Philadelphia.  The opening is Sunday, September 9, 2-4, exhibited until October 17, 2012. 
Visit www.gccnj.edu for directions. 
I have a fundraiser on kickstarter.com to help cover the costs of exhibiting this series. Only 4 days left!  Check out the awesome short video there by film maker Brad Mays. Thanks to everyone who has supported the fundraiser so far!
Click here to see the video.


1 comment: