Thursday, August 16, 2012

#100 Tamaya- One Hundred Alla Prima Portraits of American Teenagers

                                                                        "Tamaya"
"Try not to be so self centered, focus on other things that are important, like education and family.  The most difficult thing teens face today is peer pressure.  Teens get sucked into doing things that other teens are doing.  My hope for the future is that I can become the best person I can be."

Tamaya is in the  Urban Promise  Street Leader teen job training program in Camden, NJ.


Upcoming exhibit- The series of 110 paintings, Portraits of Promise, accompanied by insightful quotes from the teenage models, will be exhibited as part of a group show at Gloucester County College in Sewell, NJ,  20 minutes from Philadelphia.  The opening is Sunday, September 9, 2-4, exhibited until October 17, 2012. 
Visit www.gccnj.edu for directions. 
I have a fundraiser on kickstarter.com to help cover the costs of exhibiting this series. Only 4 days left!  Check out the awesome short video there by film maker Brad Mays. Thanks to everyone who has supported the fundraiser so far!
Click here to see the video.



3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! 100! and she's beautifully painted, Natalie, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! #100! You did it and more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Phew! I Can't believe it! Thanks for all of your help and encouragement with this whole project, Pam. Thanks for helping me develop this idea, and for pushing me to go ahead with it, promote it, and blog about it. Your help with blogging has been invaluable, both on this blog and with setting up the Studio Incamminati blog and learning the ins and outs of blogging that first year. Thank God you are coming to help me hang the show. What a sister! You always come through for me and I love you!

    ReplyDelete