Tuesday, July 31, 2012

#93 Tori- One Hundred Alla Prima Portraits of American Teenagers

                                                                           Tori
(Advice for other teens)  "Take enough time to take care of yourself and don't push yourself too hard." (Most difficult issue facing teens today) "Competition with school, too much expectation." (My hope for the future is) "To learn as much as possible and make the best of every opportunity I have."

Often, I did not know the models who were coming in.  It was fun to be surprised by who came.  When Tori walked in, I was thrilled, because I knew who she was an had wanted to paint her for years.  I used to see her walking around my town with her grandmother when she was little- she was hard to miss with her beautiful, red dreadlocks.  Her grandmother also wore dreadlocks, and I thought the two of them looked so beautiful. While her advice to not push yourself too hard is wise council, she will be attending an Ivy League school this fall, and I am sure she was a very diligent student.

 Kickstarter.com fundraiser to help put on an exhibition of this series-
One Hundred Alla Prima Portraits of American Teenagers by Natalie Italiano — Kickstarter

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful painting of a beautiful girl.! Well done, Natalie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was a great model! Beautiful painting, Natalie!! Love the warm/cool contrasts. You really captured her essence.

    ReplyDelete