Saturday, July 28, 2012

#91 Karla- One Hundred Alla Prima Portraits of American Teenagers

                                                                                Karla
(Things that are important to you) "My family, my friends, basketball and life." (Advice for other teens) "Be yourself and stay true to what you believe in...I think the most difficult issues teens are faced with today are obesity and lack of confidence." (If you could be anything you wanted, what would that be?) "A teacher for kids with special needs."

Karla's mom is a teacher, now retired.  Both of her parents stayed and watched the paintings unfold the entire session...occasionally checking their email on their phones.  I would too, because watching painters paint, although exciting to me, can be a little slow after four hours!  Her dad was relaxing from his busy work schedule and enjoying the music we played.  It was fun to have them!  The parents have been unbelievably supportive through out this entire project!  I am amazed, and grateful for the support!  Most of these models could not drive yet, or didn't have cars, and were dependent on their parents or others to drive them to the studio and pick them back up. Some traveled as much as 45 minutes to participate.  I really appreciate everyone's effort! Thank you all so much!

3 comments:

  1. The background color is a great choice for this portrait. I guess it's like a strong supporting cast. Wow! #91!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I am getting there! Can't believe it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous work, Natalie!!! perfect skin tones and another lovely girl!!

    ReplyDelete