Thursday, July 26, 2012

#90 Hannah - One Hundred Alla Prima Portraits of American Teenagers

                                                                          Hannah
(Advice for other teens) "Keep your head up high and think positive, being a good person to others makes them want to do the same, and maybe you'll make someone's day."  (Things that are important to you)  "The most important things to me are my friends and family.  Sometimes they push my buttons, but I honestly don't know what I'd do without them." (If you could be anything you wanted, what would that be?)  I would want to be able to heal; a broken heart, a severe illness, anything.  I'd want to help people and make them happy, for it makes me happy just to watch them."


This painting was done as a demonstration at Beauty Gallery in Newtown Square, Pa. I kept it to four hours, just like the rest of the series.  It was difficult to control the lighting, as there were multiple light sources in the gallery, but I still had light and shadow on the model to help describe form.  My goal in this painting was to approach it like a color study; Hannah was such a beautiful model, and the colors were very rich. I am pleased with the way it came out.  It was an interesting experience, because it was during an opening, and I had all kinds of people talking to me while I was painting, and asking questions.  I had to work hard to stay focused on the painting while talking.

2 comments:

  1. This painting shows that you were focused while painting, Natalie!! A beautiful painting and again, Hannah sounds like a sweet young lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She really was! This is what I learned from my Zen training- stay present in the moment, and this applies not only to meditating, but to painting with a bunch of people around!

    ReplyDelete