Sunday, July 1, 2012

#81 Erin- One Hundred Alla Prima Portraits of American Teenagers

                                                                             Erin
(What are teens concerned about today)  "Teens are concerned about fitting in.  They are also concerned about finding themselves or if they have meaning in life."  (Things that are important to you) " Finding my place in the world and finding friends and holding on to them." (Advice for other teens) "...Just be who you are and live life to the fullest."  


This was painted last Halloween, and Erin show up wearing a Little Red Riding Hood costume.  I was looking forward to painting her, because I have known her since she was a baby. She is my son's best friend, and is like family to me. She was a great model, and had a really strong body awareness and held the pose beautifully. I mention that because none of these models have experience at this, and its not easy.  The canvas surface was kind of slippery and I was frustrated about that, and (as usual) I wished I had just one more hour to work. Looking at the painting now, with a little distance, I am really happy with it.  Erin is a very striking young woman and I feel I caught something of her  unique look.


3 comments:

  1. Great one! I knew who it was without seeing the title/name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's beautiful, Natalie!!! A very good portrait....love the colors and shadow work.

    ReplyDelete