Friday, June 29, 2012

#80 Josh- One Hundred Alla Prima Portraits of American Teenagers

                                                                             Josh
(What do you think most teens are concerned about today)  "Getting into college and paying tuition."  (Advice for other teens)  "If you strive for your goals you can conquer them...The most difficult issue teens face is stereo-types because most people think all teens are the same." (My hope for the future is) "To be successful." 


I was really focusing on breaking down his head into planes and their relative values.  I am pretty happy with this painting given the amount of time I had. The theory goes, if you have the right color you will have the right value, and it you have the right value (and color) the form will turn, even if you don't soften the edges. Still,  I would have like to soften the edges between the planes on his face just a little bit to help the form turn.  Josh is also in the Street Leader program at Urban Promise in Camden, NJ (see earlier posts).



2 comments:

  1. Beautiuful portrait, Natalie!!! I hope he's successful as well!!

    ReplyDelete