Tuesday, March 27, 2012

#66 Lamar - One Hundred Alla Prima Portraits of American Teenagers

                                                                             "Lamar"
(Teenagers are really concerned about) "Most teenagers are concerned about money and hanging out with friends." ( Some things that are important to you) "My family is important to me, and also my girlfriend.  My education is important to me."  (Advice for other teens) I would tell them to make sure you do well in school and go to college."


Lamar was a wonderful model. We all had a chance to eat pizza before the painting session, and it was nice to get a chance to know him a little.  A serious young man, his favorite subject in school is math, and he likes to play basketball.  Lamar is waiting to hear from the colleges he applied to, and wants to study engineering. He is one of 12 students I will be painting who are affiliated with the Urban Promise Academy in Camden, NJ. 



2 comments: