Tuesday, February 21, 2012

#58 Brianna -One Hundred Alla Prima Portraits of American Teenagers

                                                                           "Brianna"

(Advice for other teens) "Know what's important to you, work at what you want, and love with all of your heart and you will have no regrets." (Most difficult issue teens are faced with today) "I think teens feel like they have to live up to ridiculous standards that are nearly impossible to reach."


I loved painting Brianna.  There was something about her look that was timeless and very calm, and I tried to catch that feeling in my painting. Sometimes painting feels like meditation, and this was one of those times. On these occasions, I am reminded what a privilege it is to have to opportunity to paint.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, very classical look about her. Almost Vermeer like! "Girl with Hoop Earring" Just love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Amy. I didn't think of that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully painted, Natalie!!

    ReplyDelete