Sunday, February 19, 2012

#57 Melissa- One Hundred Alla Prima Portraits of American Teenagers

                                                                             "Melissa"

(What do you think teenagers are really concerned about) "Today many teenagers are materialistic about every aspect of their lives.  I believe teenagers today are more selfish than generous, and are concerned about having friends." (Advice for other teens) "...Always think about others.  This is what parents have said since teenagers were children.  However, when you do something for someone else, it will have a domino effect and will also make you feel good... Helping others is an important aspect of my everyday life.  I know that sometimes the smallest of things can help others or make them feel good."

3 comments:

  1. Me to and she also looks like an angel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks! She really was stunning! She looks kind of Dutch to me. One thing I really like about painting Americans, is that there is such an amazing ethnic and national mix! I am French, Belgian, English and German, and that's only on one side. And not at all Italian, in spite of my name. All of the kids who come in are beautiful blends of so many cultures and places. I am truly witnessing a melting pot.

    ReplyDelete