Sunday, February 5, 2012

#56 Amelia- One Hundred Alla Prima Portraits of American Teenagers

                                                                          "Amelia"

Sometimes when a model comes in,  I am not sure how I am going to paint them. I wasn't sure about her sweater color, it was a very bright kelly green, but then I choose a teal background fabric, and I really loved the way the cool colors seemed to just come out of her skin tones in contrast. When in doubt I try to just jump in and move from there, making adjustments if necessary, rather than procrastinate at the beginning. Things flow more easily that way.

3 comments:

  1. Excellent! love the flash of orange at the bottom. Those colours are really fresh and exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful portrait!! I love the green shadow work in her face reflecting off the green shirt!! Excellent work, Natalie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I am really trying to see the cool dark lights under the artificial light, to break up all of the warm lights.

    ReplyDelete