Friday, February 3, 2012

#55 Quinn - One Hundred Alla Prima Portraits of American Teenagers

                                                                           "Quinn"

(Advice for other teens) "Learn from yesterday, live for today, and hope for tomorrow."  (Most difficult issue teens are faced with..) "Trying to fit in, but if you stop caring what others think of you, and be your own person you can be respected for that."


I encourage all of the teens posing for this project to wear whatever they want; I want them to present themselves the way they want the world (or me) to see them. I did ask Quinn if he could push his hair back, so we could see a little more of his face, but he insisted that he always wears it combed forward. I am happy with the way the painting came out, it feels very intimate to me.  

3 comments:

  1. I love all these portraits Natalie! They are all so unique and so well painted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brad. It had been a lot of work, I'm actually up to 95, but I have really learned a lot and it has been a wonderful experience!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad that he was able to tell an adult that he wanted to keep his hair the way he like it.

    ReplyDelete