Monday, December 19, 2011

#44 Stephanie - One Hundred Alla Prima Portraits of American Teenagers

                                                                             "Stephanie"
(Advice for other teens) "Don't let other people stop you from being who you are because in the end they are just another voice blowing with the wind." (If you could be anything you wanted) I would be a guardian angel to protect my friends and the innocent and always be there for them when they need me..."


Stephanie, who is Puerto Rican American, was wearing funny goggles with cat ears on her head, and I didn't quite get them resolved. She was a little tough on the outside, wearing leather and chains, but compassionate and caring on the inside. She wants to help children who are coping with the difficulty of divorced parents. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Once again, I think you've captured her spirit, red hair and all! You can definitely sense this girl's attitude. Lovely modeling of the features and the purple backdrop is a nice contrast with the dark warm tones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Amy. As always with these 4 hour portraits, I wished I had a little more time! She was so beautiful, I am afraid the portrait doesn't quite show that. But I loved painting it, it is such a joy to be able to do this project!

    ReplyDelete