Thursday, December 15, 2011

#42 Shaniqua - One Hundred Alla Prima Portraits of American Teenagers

      "Shaniqua"
(Advice for other teens) "Don't let anybody keep you down or degrade you...I think what teens are
most concerned about today is fitting in and having fun."

I loved this canvas, it was a portrait linen from New Traditions. I really tried to push myself to paint thicker than I usually do. I made the base color of the skin thicker, and it was nice to work into. I want to push a transition in the background colors in my next paintings.

2 comments:

  1. Her skin is beautifully warm. I love the touches of blues in her skin and hair. Every time I visit your blog I am very impressed with your portraits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Linda. I am really trying to see the cool colors in the dark lights and the value planes turn towards the shadows. I think this is the most difficult thing for me in painting.

    ReplyDelete