Thursday, December 1, 2011

#34 Nicole - One Hundred Alla Prima Portraits of American Teenagers

                                                                           "Nicole"
(Teens are concerned about) "School and their friends or family.  I also think some are concerned about more worldly or political issues...Enjoy the little things."

Nicole arrived in a "Hello Kitty" hat,  and we loved it!  For the most part I don't know who the teens are in advance, and I don't suggest what they should wear.  I want them to present themselves the way they want to be seen, and its been really interesting to see who comes and what they wear or what their hair is like.  I wished I had more time to work on this painting, but I really am sticking to the 4 hour deadline I set,  and only working on these paintings from life.

2 comments:

  1. Love this one Natalie! It is so strong with that red background contrasting with the white hat. The background is a great compliment to Nicole's red hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Brad. I like picking out the background colors.

    ReplyDelete