Wednesday, November 30, 2011

#33 Marcy - One Hundred Alla Prima Portraits of American Teenagers

                                                                            "Marcy"
(Advice for other teens) "Don't be afraid to look or dress differently...so what if they think you're weird; embrace it!" (Some things that are important to me are) "Making people happy and being happy. I want to design logos/products for organizations that do good for society and also be involved in some type of community arts program."

I was very happy with this painting because I was able to get into the shadow areas and develop the different color shapes. It was really fun to paint. I love the red streaks she had in her hair.

5 comments:

  1. The fact that you had fun painting this really shows. I LOVE this one!! Bravo!! Great pose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the reds and oranges and warms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Amy and Pam. I have realized that how I feel when I paint really does make a difference. But its a catch 22; when its going well, I feel good, and then it continues and often gets even better. When it isn't going well, I can start feeling discouraged or frustrated, and then things get even worse! I have some notes from Nelson in my studio, and one of the points he makes is "Let it be fun!" I try to keep this in mind and not take myself too seriously! I also remember that the paintings that aren't going well count too. Logging in the time matters,the skill of painting takes a lot of practice to learn and master!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This painting has beautiful colors - especially the red. I love how are able to capture expressions in each teen. This is really a wonderful series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Linda. I love trying to get the expression. Portraits can have so much feeling and emotion, that's what I love about them. I feel that this series has really helped my ability to get a likeness, I think its from getting the shapes accurately.

    ReplyDelete