Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Kiera #20 - One Hundred Alla Prima Portraits of American Teenagers

"Kiera"

"I really wish I knew what I wanted to be, but if I could be anything I wanted, I would want to be someone who goes around the country helping those who are less fortunate. I watched an episode of 20/20 about the children of the Appalachian Mountains and it changed my life. I went to West Virginia and helped those kids and if I could afford to help families like the one I helped last summer I would do that. I love seeing other people happy because that’s what makes me happy".

I was really happy with the composition of this painting, I think the shapes work well. I loved painting Kiera, she has so much spirit, and I have known her since she was a baby.  Her mom is one of my closest friends and today is her birthday. Happy Birthday Susan! 

2 comments:

  1. Great edges in all the shadows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, think it is part of what makes this painting interesting

    ReplyDelete