Sunday, June 12, 2011

Jack #21 - One Hundred Alla Prima Portraits of American Teenagers

                                                                               "Jack"

"In today's society, its upsetting how careless teenagers are.  However, if a teenager has passion for something, most (people) are surprised at how determined the child can be. Unfortunately, that's not the case with most teenagers... Don't be afraid to stick out from the crowd - I learned this lesson and I feel as though I am more outgoing and have many more friends."

Jack was so funny and was so much fun to paint!  He kept us laughing the whole time.  I really like the yellow background, but several of the artists working along with me objected to it.  I wanted to paint it with his red hair, and he seemed to be such a sunny personality, it just felt right (I over rode their objections).  Any thoughts on this?

5 comments:

  1. I love the yellow! Great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Normally, I would shy away from yellow, just like I do w/ my clothes. But, in this case it works. Carries the warm colors throughout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Pam, I agree. And being a blonde (originally, at least) and I never wear yellow.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually shy away from yellow like Pam but I like your use of it here.

    ReplyDelete