Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Patricia #15 - One Hundred Alla Prima Portraits of American Teenagers

                                                                            "Patricia"

"Laughing  in the face of adversity is one of the greatest skills to have in life.....I'd love to find a job I'm passionate about, possibly as an engineer.  I'd like to make a difference with my work".

Sometimes, when I am painting these portraits I go through a phase where it feels out of control, like I have lost my bearings completely.  This used to throw me,  I would get really nervous and then I really would loose my way.  Now, when that feeling comes, I notice it, but ignore it like an unwelcome guest, and I seem to be able to regain my balance and keep on going.  I think this is an important skill for an artist to develop.  Its an inherent part of the creative process.

3 comments:

  1. Great values in the skin tones. And, helpful advise for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strong work, Natalie.
    I agree...and with continued work and increasing skill, those nagging thoughts diminish.

    ReplyDelete