Thursday, April 7, 2011

Cameron #25 - One Hundred Alla Prima Portraits of American Teenagers

                                                                        "Cameron"
“Teenagers are really concerned about how people judge them.  My advice to other teens would be to be yourself.”
I am skipping out of sequence here because "Cameron" was just awarded "Best Portrait" in the Philadelphia Sketch Club's 148th Annual Small Oils show. There will be a reception for the show this Sunday, April 10th from 2-4.  The Sketch club is the oldest arts club in the country, and had many illustrious past members including Thomas Eakins.  It is located in Center City Philadelphia at 235 Camac Street.  I loved painting this portrait, and Cammy was such a pleasure to work with! She is another one I have known since she was a baby. I was struggling with this painting, the surface was really dry, and it wasn't until the last  hour, when she played Lady Gaga for us, that I relaxed and it finally came together.  This is painted on Claessens #13 DOP linen with a layer of lead white on it to make it less slippery.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! So deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Pam. Good luck at your show tomorrow night !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! I agree, a well-deserved honor.

    ReplyDelete