Monday, March 14, 2011

Steph #3 - One Hundred Portraits of American Teenagers

"Steph"
 “No matter how bad something may be right now, its most likely not going to bother you in a few years… my friends are very important to me.” 
Steph arrived to pose for us with a long, green wig, and we decided to go with it. Of course, we named it "It's not easy being green." In this painting I am trying to work out how much I can get accomplished in 4 hours, what I want to include, and what I can leave out.  One of my goals in this series is to experiment.  I didn't get all of the original brown "grisaille" covered,  some of the brown under painting is showing in the shadows on her neck.

2 comments:

  1. It's great w/ the grisaille showing through. And, I love the green!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats a Hatsune Miku wig

    ReplyDelete