Thursday, March 10, 2011

Ian #1 - One Hundred Portraits of American Teenagers

                                                                               "Ian"

This is the first painting in this series. It was painted on a panel, and measures 12 x 12.  I decided I prefer to work a little larger, and the rest of the paintings are 14 x 14.  I also decided I  prefer canvas, so I changed that too, for now.  I have known Ian since he was a baby,  his family are very close friends of mine, so it was special to start the series with him as the model. He is a musician and plays the violin, and we listened to an amazing play list he made for the entire session.

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the the series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Pam, you have been so helpful with your suggestions for setting up a blog, both for this one and for Studio Incamminati's blog. I am lucky to have a sister like you! To see Pam's work go to www.pamholnback.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am starting at the beginning of your series. What a fantastic idea!! This is going to be fun to follow and see where it goes!!

    ReplyDelete